Coach 775 began
its career in transit when purchased in 1947 by the Harmony Short Line. This
bus served primarily in the Allegheny Valley of Pittsburgh although
occasionally could be found on other parts of the Harmony system.
The bus stayed
with Harmony until it went out of business in March of 1961. 775 was then
purchased by Community Transit Service who repainted the bus into their
colors and added the front chrome strips and GM name plate to the bus.
Originally 775 was delivered without those. The bus continued to serve the
Allegheny Valley region as it always had.
The Port Authority of Allegheny County acquired the
bus in 1964 when it acquired the Community Transit Service. 775 was then
repainted as shown in the photo and continued on serving the same area it
always had. In 1974,
PAT restored 775 and kept the bus as part of it's historic fleet. 775 still
occasionally would see service even though it had become one of the oldest
buses in the PAT fleet.
time, 775 became the last of the historic fleet as PAT disbanded the rest of
the collection. 775 was placed inside Harmar Garage and rarely made an
appearance during the 80's.
acquired 775 in 1991 and it instantly became the focal point of the
organization. Currently 775 is being repainted back into the original
Harmony Short Lines livery and will make various appearances at community
events throughout the area as well as the occasional fan trip.
information on the 775 restoration can be found at this
Manufacturer: General Motors
Detroit Diesel 4-71
Very Good. It needs some minor mechanical and electrical work as well as
some minor interior issues need to be corrected.